Ads 468x60px

Labels

viernes, 16 de octubre de 2009

Portfolio: NANDO - Artist


Nando - Biography


My name is Fernando Vicente Iglesias. I was born in Salamanca (Spain), the city where I´m living actually. I study Art at the University of Salamanca, and I've always loved drawing - I've been doing it since I was six or seven. I've not stopped since then. Drawing's a huge part of my life.My interest in comics began a few years later. When I was fourteen I discovered 'The Savage Sword of Conan' and 'Creepy'; they really blew me away and awoke my passion for comics. After that I started reading other comics published in Spain at that time - '1984', 'Zone 84', 'Cimoc', and 'Cairo'; they featured artists like Richard Corben, Jose Ortiz, Neal Adams, San Julian, Boris Vallejo, and Jordi Bernet and those guys really influenced my drawing style.When I began studying Art at University I'd already published my first comics in fanzines and magazines,
but when I finished my degree I gave up comics for several years. I was a bit disillusioned at the prospect of dedicating myself full-time to drawing comics and I concentrated instead on music and graphic design.

But in 2002 I began to get interested in comics again. I started drawing again with the idea of getting published regularly in comics.


RECENT WORKS

2005
The Resort, 4 issues minierie (Iconic Comics – USA)
Innocent Vol. 1, graphic novel (King Tractor Press – USA)

2006
Alecto Songbook, graphic novel (King Tractor Press – USA)
Conan, Biografía de una Leyenda, pin ups (Dolmen Editorial – Spain)

2007
Parnaso de los Dioses, Vol. 1, graphic novel (AGC Comics – Spain)
Parnaso de los Dioses, Vol. 2, graphic novel (AGC Comics – Spain)

2008
Kade, pin ups (Arcana Studio – USA)
Dominion: Eulogy, 4 issues minierie (803 Studios – USA)

2009
Romero´s Requiem, graphic novel (Arcana Studio – USA)